The Ulli Runge Harms Award 2013
The Ulli Runge Harms Award commemorates Dr. Ulli Runge Harms, a colleague whose enthusiasm and determination for specialisation in veterinary dermatology was exemplary.
- The award is made annually according to the guidelines given below. The first award was made at the ESVD-ECVD Congress in 2003.
- Funds supporting the award during its first eight years have been generously donated by Virbac Laboratories. They have kindly agreed to continue supporting it.
- In 2013, the award will be made at the ESVD/ECVD Congress, 19-21 September, in Valencia.
Conditions of the Award
- The URH Award will be given as an inspiration and support to veterinary surgeons pursuing specialisation in veterinary dermatology. The award is given at the annual ESVD congress as part of a formal ceremony. In years when there is a World Congress of Veterinary Dermatology, it will be awarded at that Congress.
- Candidates should have been in general practice for a minimum of one year before enrolling in a residency programme acknowledged by the ECVD. The prize is awarded for an outstanding contribution (free communication, poster, paper or project report) produced as part of the residency programme.
- Candidates can apply for the award or be proposed by ESVD members. This application together with supporting documents (see Application Form) should reach the award committee at least two months prior to the annual congress unless late submission has been agreed by the award committee.
- The award consists of a Prize, and a Certificate provided by the award committee. In addition free registration for the annual ESVD meeting is provided by the ESVD; in World Congress years, this free registration is transferred to the following year. It will be awarded to the applicant judged by the committee to have submitted the most outstanding contribution.
- A fund, the URH Award Fund, provides the prize amounting to €1,300 for the successful applicant. The award fund is sponsored by Virbac Laboratories.
- The award committee consists of three ESVD members. The current members of the committee are David Lloyd, David Grant and Patricia Werhahn.
Please send applications or nominations to:
David H. Lloyd
61 St Albans Road East
Hertfordshire AL10 0EJ, UK e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here >> to download the application form