Who we are
The European Society of Veterinary Dermatology (ESVD) is an association including 640 veterinary clinicians, academicians and research investigators from 49 countries. ESVD was founded in 1984 in Hamburg, Germany. It is a non-profit making association. The income derived from sponsorships, fees, congress and meeting profits are devoted to current activities, research and travel awards, and initiatives of interest to members. The official language is English.
• Organization of over 25 congresses, all providing substantial progress in knowledge and an opportunity for exchanging ideas and friendship
• Organization of workshops and webinars
• Establishment of the European College of Veterinary Dermatology
• ESVD is members of the World Congress of Veterinary Dermatology
• Journal of Veterinary Dermatology
• ESVD sponsors different grants (research grants, travel grant)
• ESVD supports the establishment and growing of new national dermatology groups in the eastern parts of the world (such as in Slovenia, Poland, Slovakia)
ESVD was celebrating its 25 anniversary in 2009. In this booklet you can read all the ‘ESVD story’.
Download 25 Years Booklet (pdf)
Download ESVD constitution (pdf)